Questions Concerning Company
- When was Shimizu Corporation founded?
- Shimizu Corporation was founded in 1804, at Kanda Kajicho, Edo (now Tokyo) by Kisuke Shimizu I, who was 21 years old at the time. Learn more of our History
- Please explain the slogan, “Today’s Work, Tomorrow’s Heritage.”
- Shimizu established the corporate slogan of “Today’s Work, Tomorrow’s Heritage” in April 2008.
The phrase “Tomorrow’s Heritage” conveys the meaning of proudly passing on our work to the next generation while also incorporating the meaning of society’s view of our company through the unclouded, innocent eyes of the next generation. See the Corporate Slogan for a fuller explanation
- Please explain the symbolism in the corporate logo.
- The logo was designed with an “I” to symbolize an eye with the ability to see into the future of our company, so the nickname “I mark” is a familiar one.
See the Logo and the Corporate Color for a more detailed explanation
- Where can I find construction projects completed?
- The construction record (1849 onward) of Shimizu’s main construction projects can be cross-searched by purpose of use, region, and year range.
See the Construction Record for details
- Tell me more about the Group companies.
- The Shimizu Group consists of Shimizu Corporation, 117 subsidiaries, and 11 affiliated companies (as of March 31, 2022). Shimizu and its Group companies operate a wide variety of business in Japan and overseas, ranging from construction business to real estate development, engineering, and other businesses.
See the Shimizu Group for more information on the main Group companies
Questions Concerning Financial Statements and Finance
- What is the schedule for financial results announcements, etc.?
- The schedule is as follows:
May: Full year financial results announcement
June: General meeting of shareholders
July: 1Q Financial results announcement
November: 2Q Financial results announcement
January: 3Q Financial results announcement
See the IR calendar for information
- Where can I find financial information?
- We disclose the materials distributed at financial results briefings, trends in performance over the past five years, and other information.
See the Financial Information, IR Library
- What is the bond rating?
- The current corporate ratings according to Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) are A+ [Stable] for the issuing entity (Shimizu Corporation).
See the Bond and Credit ratings for further details
Questions Concerning Shares
- Please tell me the basic information of shares.
- The shares are listed on the stock exchanges located in Tokyo and Nagoya. (Stock code: 1803)
There are 100 shares per unit.
The contact is Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation.
See the Administrative Information and Procedures for further details
- Please tell me the amount of capital and the number of shares issued.
- The capital is 74,365,317,955 yen and the number of shares issued is 788,514,613.
See the Share Data for further details
- What is the basic policy on shareholder return?
- The basic policy of Shimizu is to declare dividends in line with business results, and we view strengthening the comapany's financial condition to provide a base for long-term growth and stable dividends as issues of importance to management. See the Divedends for further details
- Are there perks for shareholders?
- Shimizu has maintained a shareholder gift tradition since 2011. We present products made by Shimizu’s Tokyo Mokkoujou Arts & Crafts Furnishings.
See the Shareholder gift tradition for more information
- Please explain your corporate governance.
- Based on the basic principles of management contained in The Analects and the Abacus (Ethics and Economics), Shimizu strives to manage the company in a highly timely, efficient, transparent, and lawful manner.
See the Coroprate Governance for further details
- Please explain your environmental initiatives.
- Shimizu is aiming to be a company that contributes to the sustainable communities under our SHIMZ Beyond Zero 2050 environmental vision.
See the Environmental Management for further details
- Please explain your social contributions.
- We are actively contributing to society and local communities in accordance with our corporate credo, The Analects and the Abacus , and our corporate slogan , Today’s Work, Tomorrow’s Heritage.
See the Contributing to Society for further details
Please click Contact Us for further inquiries.