Questions Concerning Company Establishment
- When was the company founded?
- The company was founded in Kanda Kajicho, Edo (present-day Tokyo) in 1804, by Kisuke Shimizu I, who was 21 years old at the time. See About Shimizu Our History for further details.
- When were the shares listed?
- The shares were listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1962.
Questions Concerning Shares
- Where are the stock exchanges that the shares are listed on located?
- The shares are listed on the stock exchanges located in Tokyo and Nagoya.
- What is the stock code?
- The stock code is 1803.
- How many shares constitute one trading unit?
- There are 100 shares per unit.
- Please tell me the amount of capital and the number of shares issued.
- The capital is 74,365,317,955 yen and the number of shares issued is 788,514,613 shares.
- Who do I contact about share procedures?
- The contact is Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation. See the Administrative Information and Procedures for further details.
- What is the basic policy on shareholder return?
- The basic policy of Shimizu is to declare dividends that are supported by earnings. We have positioned strengthening our financial base and stable dividends as important management issues, since these form the foundation of long-term development.
- Are there perks for shareholders?
- We established a shareholder gift tradition in fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. See the Shareholder Gift Tradition for further details.
Questions Concerning Financial Statements and Finance
- What is the schedule for results announcements, etc.?
- The schedule is as follows:
Mid-May: Financial results announcement
Late June: Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders
Early August: 1Q Financial results announcement
Mid-November: 2Q Financial results announcement
Early February: 3Q Financial results announcement
See the IR Calendar for the schedule, including the schedule for previous years.
- Where can I find financial information?
- You can view the summary financial statements. You can also view the order (contract) data and the financial data file.
- What is the bond rating?
- The current corporate ratings according to Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) are A+ [Stable] for the issuing entity (Shimizu Corporation), and a-1 for short-term debt.
- Please explain your environmental initiatives.
- Shimizu has stated contributing to the global community as one of its management principles. We aim to be a company that contributes to the realization of a sustainable society and are working on initiatives in environmental management. See Environmental Management for further details.
- How do I obtain a company brochure and corporate report?
- A. Please request these on the Contact Us page.
The Corporate Reports are also published on the website, so you can also view them online.